With the new ferry service running from Redcliffe to Moreton Island, there has never been a better time to head over and explore the beautiful spot often known as ‘The Gem of South East Queensland’.
Jump on the Redcliffe2Moreton Express from the Redcliffe Jetty on Fridays and Sundays at 10am.
The trip takes about 45mins and you will arrive at Bulwer on Moreton Island around 11am.
Heading over on a Sunday and have some spare time before??
Why not check out the Redcliffe Markets first and grab a bite to eat at a local cafe.
Engage your senses and set out on an adventure. Whatever you desire, there are so many things to do and see on Moreton Island. We guarantee you will be pencilling out a few extra Sundays once you realise just how diverse your options are. Some of our favourite things to do include:
- Snorkel the Curtin Artificial Reef and the Tangalooma Wrecks
- Slide down the sand dunes at exhilarating speeds – take your own board or be hosted by one of the tour companies on the island
- Visit the Moreton Island Lighthouse – the first lighthouse built in Qld
- Catch a wave if the weather is right and surf the day away on the beaches, spits and bays that make up the island
- Relax in the Champagne Pools, a band of natural water pools with waves that cascade over the rocks creating a spa effect
- Head out on a hike and appreciate the island’s natural features and wildlife
The return ferry departs Bulwer, Moreton Island on Sunday at 4pm sharp, arriving around 5pm at the Redcliffe Jetty. Plenty of time to settle into that Sunday dinner after a beautiful day exploring paradise.
Tickets can be purchased at visitmoretonbayregion.com.au or from the Redcliffe Cruise & Travel Centre on Redcliffe Pde.